November Grocery List

I was challenged to write out the grocery list for my November Menu. This was fun to think about all of the ingredients that go into each meal and write out my plan in more detail. 

I do almost all of my grocery shopping at Fareway. Sometimes I will bring in the HyVee ad to match a sale price that's just too good to pass. Our sale flyer arrives during the day on Tuesday and I plan out my shopping trip then. I get my groceries on Thurs/Fri or whenever I already have a trip to town planned. If there are limits on sale items, I may make an additional trip on a Monday/Tuesday to stock up. 

Some of the recipes are linked at the bottom. If you'd like a recipe not listed, please ask and I'd be happy to provide you with one!

Amounts may vary depending on the size of your family. I make most meals for the 4 of us plus leftovers that we eat for lunch or on our planned leftover nights. 

Dairy
3 tubes Homestyle biscuits (or see recipe for Pot Pie Biscuits and use Grands) 
2 dozen eggs
8 cups shredded cheddar 
1 cup shredded mozzarella 
2 cups sour cream 
2 tubes crescent rolls
24 oz Cheese slices- or flavors of your choice
1 pkg soft tortilla shells (We use Azteca Homestyle Flour tortillas)
Milk

Meat
8# ground beef
1# stew beef
6 pork loin chops 
6# Chicken legs/thighs 
1 cup cooked, diced chicken
4 thick cut ham slices 
2# deli meat- turkey, ham, salami, roast beef
1 pkg hot dogs
3# roast (Pork or beef) 
1/2# Bacon
Pillow pack Pepperoni slices

Canned/Boxed 
1# spaghetti noodles, 1# penne noodles
2 jars spaghetti sauce, we use Hunts
1 small can pizza sauce 
3 boxes Mac N Cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 rice side packet $1
1 box Betty Crocker potatoes- Au Graten or your choice
1 can Salmon
1 packet Sausage Gravy mix  
1 Golden Mushroom soup - no substitutes
1 can tomato soup 
2 cream of chicken soup 
1 cream mushroom soup
1 cheddar cheese soup
2 large cans peaches 
1 large can pears
1 large jar applesauce  
4 cans green beans (or you can use frozen) 
1 can French onions
1 can pineapple rings 
1 can large black olives, I slice my own, you can get pre-sliced
1 bag Cheese Nacho chips/Doritos 
Chips of your choice 

Produce
5-10# potatoes - your choice of red, yellow, white
2# Large carrots  (I wash, peel, cut ahead of time so they're ready to use/snack)- I found a 5# bag at Fareway in Sioux Center- we eat a lot of carrots!
1 head lettuce
2 bags salad mixes
Celery stalk
Apples, bananas, grapes, oranges, etc. 
1 large onion

Bakery
2 pkg hamburger buns 
1 loaf French Bread
1 loaf Texas toast
Sandwich bread

Frozen
1 tube ground sausage 
1 box sausage links
1 bag broccoli cuts 
1 bag corn 
1 bag mixed veggies
1 bag broccoli/cauliflower
1 bag Tater tots

Spaghetti and Meatballs 



Comments