21 Day Fix: Day 16

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Time for another update on how we're doing with the 21 Day Fix.

For me, the weekends are so unstructured that it's hard for me to keep up with a routine. I only fit one workout in this past weekend, but I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm trying to think long-term and not dwell on missed days because I still see results. Currently I'm down 3 pounds and my energy is overall higher than what it was. I wimped out Friday night and couldn't make it past 10:30. Last night I couldn't even finish a 9pm show on tv before falling asleep on the couch. I see the connection between too many carbs and wanting more sleep. I'm a work in progress.... crunching my carrots today instead of chex mix.

Kendall's doing better with the eating plan, though I still have to convince him to join me for a workout some morning :) I know his extra weight will just melt off once he can stay on a consistent workout plan. Already thinking about it makes me jealous.

The kids are doing good with more homemade snacks and less pre-packaged treats in their backpacks. Eli is in a growth spurt because that child is putting food away left and right! He's had a pb&j after school every day for the last week along with his regular snacks and meals. Isaac drank my Shakeology yesterday so I only ended up with a few slurps. He's a walking ad for the program repeating certain phrases he's heard from the dvds. "This is my healthiest meal of the day, Mom!"

I'm seeing one of my "eventually" plans through this year. Kendall is clearing space for a garden! I have a few pots ready for tomatoes, peppers, and herbs. Everything else gets to go in the ground this year. Say some prayers that I don't kill everything! If the weather cooperates I hope to put some veggies in this weekend. The boys may be even more excited than I am because they got to pick out their own veggies and will get to tend to their own portions of the garden. They picked green beans, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, and mini pumpkins. I picked spinach, basil, chives, and starters for the pots.

Sorry, no new recipe for today. The bars I made this weekend were definitely NOT 21 Day Fix approved :D



Comments