I'm anxious. I'm a weepy mess.
In less than 24 hours my baby will start his first year in elementary school.
I don't think I'm ready. I don't think I'll ever be ready.
But, I don't have to be ready.
He's ready.
His teacher is ready.
I have confidence that the work I've started at home will be continued at school.
I am confident that his teacher is a godly woman, devoted to loving my Eli and encouraging him to stretch his brain and grow in character.
So, my prayer for this school year is multifaceted.
I'm praying that Eli's heart will be directed more toward Christ and be filled with a desire to live in a Christ-like way.
I'm praying for the friends that Eli will make; that they will be kind, influence each other in positive manners, and have fun together.
I'm praying for the teachers and staff at Eli's school; that they may be encouraging in their encounters with students and families, that they may have patience and grace when needed most, and that they exemplify what they're trying to teach the students.
I'm praying that Eli will be open to learning, that he controls his disappointments and uses appropriate coping skills, and enjoys the many lessons this year will bring.
I'm praying for Kendall and I to support the school with the way we train our children at home, that there is room for correction and teaching and love and grace and that we can discern when to use each of them.
I'm praying that Isaac won't be lonely with his brother gone long hours of the day and he's left with just mom.
I'm praying for safety on the buses. This is a big one for me since deer and other drivers are often unpredictable.
What a great opportunity for many families to be united in Christ with our desires for our children to grow in Christ, for solid education based in Truth, and community relationships to be strengthened as many hands work together for each school day to be successful.
Praise God for his never ending faithfulness!
In less than 24 hours my baby will start his first year in elementary school.
I don't think I'm ready. I don't think I'll ever be ready.
But, I don't have to be ready.
He's ready.
His teacher is ready.
I have confidence that the work I've started at home will be continued at school.
I am confident that his teacher is a godly woman, devoted to loving my Eli and encouraging him to stretch his brain and grow in character.
So, my prayer for this school year is multifaceted.
I'm praying that Eli's heart will be directed more toward Christ and be filled with a desire to live in a Christ-like way.
I'm praying for the friends that Eli will make; that they will be kind, influence each other in positive manners, and have fun together.
I'm praying for the teachers and staff at Eli's school; that they may be encouraging in their encounters with students and families, that they may have patience and grace when needed most, and that they exemplify what they're trying to teach the students.
I'm praying that Eli will be open to learning, that he controls his disappointments and uses appropriate coping skills, and enjoys the many lessons this year will bring.
I'm praying for Kendall and I to support the school with the way we train our children at home, that there is room for correction and teaching and love and grace and that we can discern when to use each of them.
I'm praying that Isaac won't be lonely with his brother gone long hours of the day and he's left with just mom.
I'm praying for safety on the buses. This is a big one for me since deer and other drivers are often unpredictable.
What a great opportunity for many families to be united in Christ with our desires for our children to grow in Christ, for solid education based in Truth, and community relationships to be strengthened as many hands work together for each school day to be successful.
Praise God for his never ending faithfulness!
Comments
Post a Comment