I cleaned out my freezer last week and found produce from last year. I figure I'd better use it or lose it and found a recipe for Blueberry Zucchini Bread with Crumb Topping with a quick google image search. Haha, I definitely go with the best looking picture, THEN read the recipe. Silly since my food pictures are so horrible! One day I'll put more effort into my pictures, one day.
I didn't quite want to follow the recipe I found, so I made a few changes and came up with this lovely recipe that I'd like to share with all of you.
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 cups grated zucchini (if you're using once-frozen zucchini, make sure to drain off a lot of the water!)
2 cups blueberries
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Crumb Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 TBsp cold butter, cubed
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans and preheat your oven to 350.
Mix crumb topping ingredients together with your hands (yes, your hands) and set aside in the fridge.
Beat eggs in a large bowl until slightly foamy (lots of little bubbles!) Add the eggs, applesauce, and sugar; beat until well blended. Add zucchini and blueberries, stir by hand.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, soda, powder and salt. Add this mix to the egg mix and stir just until evenly mixed.
Pour a little crumb topping into the bottom of each pan, fill with bread mix, and top with the remaining crumb topping. It will look like a lot of topping, but it's so good!
Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I didn't quite want to follow the recipe I found, so I made a few changes and came up with this lovely recipe that I'd like to share with all of you.
Be sure to grease up those pans or you'll have to have your strong husband shake the pan and it will come out looking like this sorry mess......good thing it tastes good!
Yummy crumbly topping!
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 cups grated zucchini (if you're using once-frozen zucchini, make sure to drain off a lot of the water!)
2 cups blueberries
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Crumb Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 TBsp cold butter, cubed
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans and preheat your oven to 350.
Mix crumb topping ingredients together with your hands (yes, your hands) and set aside in the fridge.
Beat eggs in a large bowl until slightly foamy (lots of little bubbles!) Add the eggs, applesauce, and sugar; beat until well blended. Add zucchini and blueberries, stir by hand.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, soda, powder and salt. Add this mix to the egg mix and stir just until evenly mixed.
Pour a little crumb topping into the bottom of each pan, fill with bread mix, and top with the remaining crumb topping. It will look like a lot of topping, but it's so good!
Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Comments
Post a Comment