This is about as sentimental and romantic as my husband gets and I just love it. I don't expect lots of romance but for our anniversary Kendall comes up with the best presents.
Do you know the traditional anniversary gifts?
Read up here.
I had no idea he even knew this existed, but on our first anniversary I was surprised by a sweet card with a list. No ordinary list, it contained all the supplies needed to install the dishwasher that I had been wanting! It was perfect and I would have never guessed this was coming. 1st Anniversary: Paper
Second Anniversary came around and I was, once again, surprised by the traditional gift of something cotton. Only instead of being surprised because of something sweet and thoughtful, we had to laugh because he bought me a pair of 100% cotton shorts. Haha! Of course I kept them and continue to wear them.
For year 3 all I can say is that the tradition continued with the gift of leather.....
Last year my dearest husband went on to romance me with his gift of flowers. Not only did I receive some fresh flowers, but some flower bulbs of my favorite flowers: Calla lilies and some regular lilies.
We've had a pretty rough year so our anniversary really snuck up on me! I hadn't given it much thought, but of course my dearest Kendall already had the perfect gift picked for me. The traditional fifth anniversary is celebrated with wood. Check this out:
I'm so happy to be spending this life with my husband. I pray fervently for many more years with him and hope that our life together is just a glimpse of the glory we'll enjoy with our Heavenly Father in eternity.
Do you and your spouse have any traditions together? Do you celebrate any other anniversaries?
Do you know the traditional anniversary gifts?
Read up here.
I had no idea he even knew this existed, but on our first anniversary I was surprised by a sweet card with a list. No ordinary list, it contained all the supplies needed to install the dishwasher that I had been wanting! It was perfect and I would have never guessed this was coming. 1st Anniversary: Paper
Second Anniversary came around and I was, once again, surprised by the traditional gift of something cotton. Only instead of being surprised because of something sweet and thoughtful, we had to laugh because he bought me a pair of 100% cotton shorts. Haha! Of course I kept them and continue to wear them.
For year 3 all I can say is that the tradition continued with the gift of leather.....
Last year my dearest husband went on to romance me with his gift of flowers. Not only did I receive some fresh flowers, but some flower bulbs of my favorite flowers: Calla lilies and some regular lilies.
We've had a pretty rough year so our anniversary really snuck up on me! I hadn't given it much thought, but of course my dearest Kendall already had the perfect gift picked for me. The traditional fifth anniversary is celebrated with wood. Check this out:
It's a beautiful wooden plaque for us to hang in OR outside the house.
I'm so happy to be spending this life with my husband. I pray fervently for many more years with him and hope that our life together is just a glimpse of the glory we'll enjoy with our Heavenly Father in eternity.
Do you and your spouse have any traditions together? Do you celebrate any other anniversaries?


Comments
Post a Comment