The Best Cinnamon Rolls


 
 
I am a sucker for a good cinnamon roll. I would have had my way with this pan if it had stayed in my house. Kendall whisked it away to share with the rest of his work gang in celebration of his 1 year work anniversary. (It totally doesn't feel like he's been there for a year!)
 
These cinnamon rolls are my idea of 'easy' and hit the spot when paired with a steamy lukewarm cup of coffee.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
4 TBsp butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar (more if desired)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
flour for rolling out dough
1 tub cream cheese frosting (I'm a sucker for Betty Crocker)
 
Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll the dough flat to roughly 10" x 15". This may take more time than you care to admit... just keep at it.
Spread the butter all over the dough, followed by the brown sugar and then a sprinkling of cinnamon. Roll evenly (hot dog style) and pinch the long end to seal it into a big log shape. Cut into 12 equal slices and place swirl side down on a greased baking pan.
Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until they've reached the size you desire. (I let mine rise 2 hours).
Bake at 350 for 15-28 minutes, until golden brown.
 
Once slightly cool, spread a tub of cream cheese frosting over those bad boys and try to keep from licking your fingers. 

Comments