Some days I'm ahead of things. Like the day I saved an empty chocolate syrup bottle. I got to thinking, it can't be that hard to make my own and found an easy recipe online.
Definitely better (easier, cheaper) than buying bottle after bottle at the store.
Decide for yourself if you feel the same way.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk sugar, salt and water together. Sift in cocoa powder and keep whisking until thoroughly combined. Bring to a boil, stirring to keep from burning, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool before funneling into a clean bottle.
Isaac says he likes this kind better than the Great Value brand, especially in his chocolate milk. I haven't told Kendall there's a difference in brands and he hasn't noticed yet....... that has to be a good sign, right?
Comments
Post a Comment