How To Boil an Egg

I don't do this very often, so the last time I had to boil an egg I ended up "learning" via a webpage I can no longer find...... seriously, I just tried looking it up again and I can't find it!
Anyway, this is the method I used and it was great!


Place eggs in a pan just big enough and cover eggs with cold water. Add a Tablespoon of VINEGAR to the water (in case an egg cracks during boiling, this will help prevent the white from running all over.....or so says Simply Recipes)


Put the lid on and bring water to a boil.

 
Boil for exactly 7 minutes.
 
 
Remove from heat immediately after 7 minutes and drain all the hot water. Run cold water over the eggs for 30 seconds and then let the eggs sit in a pan of cold water.
 
 
According to Eli and Isaac, you peel hard boiled eggs by cracking them against your brother's head and then picking off the skin....... Thanks, Papa, for teaching them that one!
 
I think I'll keep hard boiled eggs on hand more often. Maybe we'll eat more salads this way.....
 

Comments