I'll have to admit this meal was kind of a flop in my opinion. The flavor was good but the texture was just off..... I've figured out the problem (over cooked rice=mush) and hope this works out better for you than it did for me.
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, pre-cooked
2 cups rice (Instant or regular, cooking times will vary)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups water (or a milk/water combination)
1/4 cup chopped celery
Diced pepper to taste (I used one jalapeno de-seeded)
Salt, Pepper
2 cups shredded cheese (not pictured)
Mix rice, soups and liquids. Pour into greased crockpot. Add veggies and chicken (you should shred your chicken before putting it in the crockpot, like I didn't do). Season and cook on high 2 hours (if you're using instant rice) or 4 hours (if you're using regular rice). If you're unsure on the cook time, just keep checking....I know that isn't a lot of help but every crockpot is different. Sorry! 30 minutes before cook-time is up, top with cheese and let it melt.
Comments
Post a Comment