Reflections of a Warrior God

"The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17


How often do we think of God as a Mighty Warrior?

When I think of a warrior I think of battle. I think of a suit of armor. I think of physical, one-on-one combat.

God does this for me? God fights AND WINS for my heart. In my struggles. He rejoices over me with singing. This is the greatest love we can ever experience.

The love in a marriage cannot compare to this love of our Father. This love as a parent cannot compare to the love of God Almighty.

The Mighty Warrior does not tire in seeking my heart. He does not tire when I turn my face away. He does not tire in reminding me of his unending love for me.

He loved me before I ever came to be.

He loved my children before they were ever a thought. He knew their names before I did. He knew their struggles even before time.

Not only does he fight for me, he fights for them.

What greater gift can a parent give their children, than to give them over to God? He will protect them. He will love them. He will comfort them. In ways that I can't even comprehend, God will provide in every way.


Glory, glory, Hallelujah!

Comments