My Soul Sings

Sometimes I'm just too overwhelmed to form the words needed, to talk, to pray, to even think. It's in these moments that my soul sings.

Maybe that's from spending my youngest years immersed in Bible songs. My mom and grandma sang to me starting the day I was born (so I'm told....) I attended Children's Worship and Sunday School, Christian Elementary School and Jr/Sr High School. I transfered out of a more liberal college (after one semester) to attend Dordt College, a conservative Reformed school.

I can't think of a time in my life where I haven't been surrounded by songs of Hope and Love.

So, when I can't form the words and verses in my head, my soul sings.


It sings "Yes, Jesus loves DELICIA......"


It sings, "I come broken to be mended.....I come desperate to be healed...."


It sings, "Great is your faithfulness, Oh God, MY FATHER...."


It sings, "From the highest of heights to the depth of the seas....."


This world is broken. My family is broken. I AM broken. But My God, is NEVER BROKEN. He is unchanging and his word is the only true thing in life.

I have hope.

I am broken.  But I am loved.   And I am saved by grace.

Comments