What is it about kids that makes them think they should do the opposite of what you tell them?
"Don't throw the pillow"
He throws the pillow right at you.
"Use quiet voices"
He screams.
"We talk with respect to everyone, everywhere"
She answers back in the most snotty voice you've ever heard.
Tonight our family devotion was about Having a Pleasant Attitude.
I don't think anyone heard a single word I read. :'(
Sometimes parenting is really discouraging when I don't see immediate results. Or even short term results.....
I pray I'm doing the right thing for my family, every. single. day.
Pray
Stay calm
Model the attitudes, behaviors, and words I want my kids to use.
And pray some more
Eventually they will catch on, right?
"Don't throw the pillow"
He throws the pillow right at you.
"Use quiet voices"
He screams.
"We talk with respect to everyone, everywhere"
She answers back in the most snotty voice you've ever heard.
Tonight our family devotion was about Having a Pleasant Attitude.
I don't think anyone heard a single word I read. :'(
Sometimes parenting is really discouraging when I don't see immediate results. Or even short term results.....
I pray I'm doing the right thing for my family, every. single. day.
Pray
Stay calm
Model the attitudes, behaviors, and words I want my kids to use.
And pray some more
Eventually they will catch on, right?
Comments
Post a Comment