I found this pin and thought it would make a fun meal for the kids. Then I forgot to plan ahead and didn't read the actual ingredient list OR the directions. So, I had no choice but to make up my own recipe because it was supper for THAT night.
If you want the actual slow cooker recipe and remember to prepare AHEAD OF TIME, then go here.
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can chili beans in gravy, drained a little
2 TBsp bbq sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBsp chili powder
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
1 bag of corn chips
Make your chili by browning ground beef with onion and seasonings. Add in tomatoes, beans, and liquids. Simmer for 30 minutes until nice and thick. (If you want it thicker, add corn starch 1 TBSP at a time- stir and boil 3 minutes after each spoonful)
In a greased 9x13 pan, lay down enough chips to cover the bottom. Pour chili on top, layer with more chips and top with cheese.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with more corn chips and lots of fruit :)
Comments
Post a Comment