Biscuit and Gravy Casserole

Are you a fan of breakfast food?

My husband introduced me to the world of biscuits and gravy not too long ago. I am so in love. I don't know why I've never had this before!

So at our church potluck Easter breakfast I knew I wanted to bring biscuits and gravy, except I couldn't actually bring biscuits and gravy. I didn't want to sit by the stove and serve everyone at church OR go to church an hour before the rest of my family to cook the food there. Do you see my problem? How was I going to get my biscuits and gravy to church?

Casserole! Duh!

This dish captures the traditional biscuits and gravy taste just perfectly. And it wasn't too hard to make either.

Ingredients:

1 pound sausage (ground sausage or sausage links)
2 TBsp flour
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp black pepper
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 roll Pillsbury Crescent sheet
1 tube biscuits (10 count) - cut each biscuit into 4

Brown the sausage in a skillet until cooked through. Add flour and stir until the sausage is coated. Cook 3 minutes. Add the evaporated milk and pepper and stir until thick. Add cream cheese and stir until melted.

Meanwhile, lay the crescent dough in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 6 minutes at 400. Add the sausage gravy and top with biscuits. Bake additional 15 minutes or until biscuits are brown.

Eat and enjoy!

Comments