I follow Iowa Girl Eats via email and get a nice little surprise nearly every day. I love looking at all those pictures of food that make me drool. Last week she shared a recipe for Lazy Girl's Ravioli Lasgana and I immediately knew this needed to be in my meal plan, and soon! So, I swapped some meals around and made this tonight. Super simple. Super delicious.
Here's how I made it:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
garlic salt, parsley flakes, black pepper, and salt
1 jar spaghetti sauce (use your favorite, I have homemade!)
1 pound bag of cheese ravioli
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Brown the ground beef with onion and seasonings. Stir in spaghetti sauce and set aside. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water (follow the directions on your bag of ravioli) to boil and carefully add ravioli. Boil 3 minutes then remove from heat. In a 9x13 pan, pour a little sauce in the bottom then add ravioli. Pour meat/sauce on top of noodles and top with shredded cheese. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
I did the math and this is actually cheaper than traditional lasagna. No cottage cheese. No extra shredded cheese. No long noodles. How awesome is that!?
FYI this is definitely filling as the 5 of us barely managed to eat half of the pan! I think this would be perfect in (2) 8x8 pans to make as freezer meals.
Here's how I made it:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
garlic salt, parsley flakes, black pepper, and salt
1 jar spaghetti sauce (use your favorite, I have homemade!)
1 pound bag of cheese ravioli
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Brown the ground beef with onion and seasonings. Stir in spaghetti sauce and set aside. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water (follow the directions on your bag of ravioli) to boil and carefully add ravioli. Boil 3 minutes then remove from heat. In a 9x13 pan, pour a little sauce in the bottom then add ravioli. Pour meat/sauce on top of noodles and top with shredded cheese. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
I did the math and this is actually cheaper than traditional lasagna. No cottage cheese. No extra shredded cheese. No long noodles. How awesome is that!?
FYI this is definitely filling as the 5 of us barely managed to eat half of the pan! I think this would be perfect in (2) 8x8 pans to make as freezer meals.
Comments
Post a Comment