Honey Bran Muffins

My mom shared this recipe with me and I'm in love!

If I can make healthy taste this good, I may be in a tough spot trying to get in shape. I could easily eat a whole pan in one day. So sweet and hit the spot this week.



Oh, you want to make some too? Good.

Honey Bran Muffins

Ingredients:
2 TBsp softened (a little melted even) butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 TBsp honey
1 3/4 c. Bran Flakes (any kind, even Raisin Bran)
2/3 c. boiling water
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c. flour

Combine first 3 ingredients (honey, brown sugar, butter) and divide into 12 greased muffin tins. Pour boiling water over bran cereal and let it soak for 5 minutes. In a new bowl mix sugar, oil, egg, and buttermilk. In a separate bowl sift flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add the wet ingredients to the bran flakes then fold in the dry ingredients until moistened. Fill tins 3/4-almost full. Bake 15-20 minutes at 400. Cool 5 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Comments