I love homemade pie crust, much tastier than the store-bought kind. Not that I'm knocking Pillsbury and Betty Crocker, but I'd rather make my own crust. So, you get a bonus 2 RECIPES in this post because of the homemade crust. :) {I use different crust recipes depending on what I'm making, so this is my pot pie-crust recipe.}
See, that doesn't look too bad, does it?
Pie Crust Recipe (makes 6 crusts, freezes well)
Ingredients:
5 cups flour
3/4 TBsp salt
2 cups shortening
1 egg
Mix flour, salt and shortening. Beat egg in a 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill with water. Mix with other ingredients. (Add more flour if it's too wet, more water if it's too dry)
Pot Pie Recipe
2 crusts
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I used breast and thigh meat)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups veggies (corn, peas, carrots, beans, celery, onion -you can use your favorites)
Roll a crust and place in bottom of a pie plate. Whisk soup and milk, add chicken and veggies. Pour into bottom crust and top with another crust. Pinch the edges together and cut slits into the middle. Bake 45 minutes at 400.
*For a special bonus, I added a cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the filling before closing it up and baked 50 minutes. Super delicious!
Comments
Post a Comment