Chicken Noodle Soup

It knocked me out. It beat me up. It almost got the best of me 

UNTIL

I fought back with this Chicken Noodle Soup. And I won. This flu has nothing on me!




I was smart and made a ginormous batch so I could have some in the freezer for the next time I get sick.

Here's the recipe for your own jumbo batch of Chicken Noodle Soup:

1 full chicken breast on the bone or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-5 carrots, sliced (or 20ish baby carrots)
2-3 celery sticks, sliced
1 onion, diced
10 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp parsley flakes

Boil the chicken breasts in 2-4 cups of water (enough water so the chicken is almost completely covered). When the meat pulls away from the bone easily take the meat out and let it rest on a cutting board 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put all the veggies in the pot with more water and the bouillon cubes. Shred/chop the chicken and put it back in the pot, add the seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 30 minutes. Add the noodles and turn off the heat when the noodles are cooked through.


Mmmmm... just remembering what this tasted like brings back good feelings to my tastebuds!

Comments