Pizza Crust: Ruschmann Style

I love making my own pizza crust. I can make it as thick or thin (usually thin) as I want. I can add spices and change the flavor to match the toppings.



I start with this basic recipe and then modify it. I'm not sure I've duplicated a flavor yet in the past 3 years!

Homemade Pizza Crust

Ingredients

1 pkg dry yeast ( I use the quick rise)
1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBsp oil
2 1/2-3 cups flour
(seasonings)

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Sitr in remaining ingredients and let rest 5 minutes. Spread onto greased flat pan and bake 10 minutes at 425. Add sauce and toppings, bake another 15-20 minutes.


Here are some of my favorite spice combos:
  • 1 tsp Italian sesasoning, a shake of garlic, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 TBsp honey, 1 TBsp brown sugar, 1 tsp garlic
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp dried onion flakes
  • 1/2 tsp Buffalo rub seasoning, 1 tsp dry ranch powder

Get creative and make up your own flavor combos. Then tell me if you find one you like :)

Comments

  1. Looks good! I use a recipe similar, but I use 1 T of yeast (maybe a packet is equivalent to 1 T??)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment