http://www.realfoodallergyfree.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-chinese-orange-chicken/
This is a great recipe.
But I changed it to fit my family.
And it's still great!
I forgot to thaw my chicken so when it was finally no longer frozen it was too close to supper time so I couldn't cook it in the crockpot. It worked out in my favor!
Ingredients:
1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup pancake or biscuit mix
3TBsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
3TBsp ketchup
1 tsp soy sauce
4TBsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp corn starch as needed
Shake chicken pieces in a closed baggie with pancake or biscuit mix until all the pieces are coated.
Cook the chicken in oil over med-high heat.
In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients except corn starch. Pour into pan with chicken and cook 10 minutes covered. If the sauce is too thin, add the corn starch to thicken.
I served this with steamed rice and a bag of stir fry veggies. Very yummy.
This is a great recipe.
But I changed it to fit my family.
And it's still great!
I forgot to thaw my chicken so when it was finally no longer frozen it was too close to supper time so I couldn't cook it in the crockpot. It worked out in my favor!
Ingredients:
1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup pancake or biscuit mix
3TBsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
3TBsp ketchup
1 tsp soy sauce
4TBsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp corn starch as needed
Shake chicken pieces in a closed baggie with pancake or biscuit mix until all the pieces are coated.
Cook the chicken in oil over med-high heat.
In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients except corn starch. Pour into pan with chicken and cook 10 minutes covered. If the sauce is too thin, add the corn starch to thicken.
I served this with steamed rice and a bag of stir fry veggies. Very yummy.
Comments
Post a Comment