Marbled Chocolate Brownies


Here's another one of my favorite bars. Sometimes I call them brownies, other times I call them bars. Does it really make a difference? What should I be calling these?

They're deliciously BAD for your my jiggly butt, but OH SO GOOD for your taste buds!


1 package German Chocolate Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury or Betty Crocker)
1 package cream cheese, softened (Best way to do this is let it sit on the counter, not microwave)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Prepare cake according to box directions. Pour batter into greased 10"X15" pan (or 11"X17")
Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add 1/4 cup chocolate chips, stir. Drop cream cheese into batter and swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with remaining chips. (Eat another handful of chocolate chips now).
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Cool before cutting and use a sharp knife or it gets a little messy.

I've also made these in cupcake form-using the cream cheese as a filling instead of marbled look. Topped with Betty Crocker's Triple Chocolate Fudge Frosting is a chocoholic's dream!

I love these. No, really, I love them. Sorry, let me wipe up that drool now.


Comments