15 things to teach my boys before 18

I found this blog that had 15 things to teach boys before 18. After reading the author's list, it made me think about what I'm trying to teach my boys.

Shouldn't they be consistent with what the Bible teaches? There are certainly more than 15 lessons to learn there! How do I narrow it down?

What about how to live in this world in this time-how do I teach them about that?

Well, after a bit of thought, I think I've narrowed down my list.

Here goes!

1. Love God above all else.

2. Love others next

3. Be kind to everyone with your actions and your words, even if you don't like them.

4. It is never ok to hurt anyone.

5. God gave you smart brains, use them before you speak and act. Think things through always.

6. If you don't do it right the first time, keep trying until you get it.

7. When you make a mistake, do what you can to make it better. You will make mistakes, and they are learning opportunities.

8. Sex is for marriage. No exceptions.

9. When a friend is hurt, try to help him/her. How would you want someone to help you if you were hurt?

10. Pray now for the woman you will marry. You don't know when you will meet her, but God has someone special picked just for you.

11. Use your manners-at the table, in public, in private, and always on a date.

12. Learn how to cook-it's an important skill.

13. Learn how to use tools.

14. Don't pee in the wind. or on someone else's property. or on the floor. or furniture.

15. You are never too macho to give hugs-us girls like them.



Eli James- you are so smart! You can rattle off things that happened months ago, recite your numbers, sing the alphabet song, and say your prayers. You can dress yourself and are a big help to me every day. You are kind to your brother and sister. You help Isaac and look out for him. You are silly and I love watching you play with your trucks. Every single day I love you more and more!!




Isaac Hans- you are my baby boy. I love you to pieces! You are so smart! You may not use words, but you know exactly what is going on and let me know every time you want something. You are so kind and give nice kisses, even though there's tongue and spit involved. I love to watch you learn new things and to read with you every day on the couch.

Comments