My sister shared this recipe with me and I've made it several times over the past 3 months. It's wonderful! The best part is that you can change the ingredients around every time and it's still yummy.
Basic recipe:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal
In every batch you need at least these 3 ingredients. You want 2-4 additional cups of dry ingredients-depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your granola bars.
Here's what's in these particular bars:
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups more oatmeal
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
The pan I use is 11x17, so that's a pretty big pan, but the bars are thin. They're more on the crunchy side and I'm thinking it might be good to eat it like cereal if I crumble it up in some lactose-free milk. What do you think?
Basic recipe:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal
In every batch you need at least these 3 ingredients. You want 2-4 additional cups of dry ingredients-depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your granola bars.
Here's what's in these particular bars:
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups more oatmeal
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
The pan I use is 11x17, so that's a pretty big pan, but the bars are thin. They're more on the crunchy side and I'm thinking it might be good to eat it like cereal if I crumble it up in some lactose-free milk. What do you think?

Those look yummy! May have to make a batch tonight!
ReplyDelete