Un-thanks

Today I'm not feeling very thankful. I'm letting life overwhelm me right now. I need to cut it out, I know. Because in all things, give thanks with a grateful heart and praise the Lord! Really, I know what I'm supposed to do and feel and say.

But, today. just. sucks.

I don't know where to turn for help. I don't know where to even start searching for answers to any of the problems going on at home right now. Is there even help out there? I'm doubtful.

I'm bitter towards the people who were selfish so many years ago that created my problems today. I'm hard-hearted toward all the anger and hurt that is surrounding my family right now-both internal and external. I really just want to cry and throw in the towel and make someone else deal with this. But the reality is that there is no one to clean up this mess. This is our life. No rug to sweep things under, no trash can to dump problems into. Just us, and the raw truth that this is what we're going through.

So, hesitantly I will spend naptime in the Word. Because, really, it's my only hope. The answer on how to break through Sydney's wall is in the Bible. I just need to start looking, right? 

Please pray that we'll figure out how to live instead of just "get through each day alive".

Comments