Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

Yeah, you read that right. The Philly has met the Sloppy Joe and they made the most perfect baby-supper ever!

Oh, yum.

I got this recipe off a blog link party, but can't find the link back :( I printed out the recipe without bookmarking the site! ah! So, if I find it back, I will link back to the recipe. Promise.

I modified things to fit my family's tastes. and bellies. :)

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 medium size onion, chopped
1/4 cup steak sauce
1 cup beef broth
garlic salt
black pepper
6 sub rolls, toasted

Cheese sauce:
2 TBsp butter
1 TBsp flour
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded Italian cheese

Brown ground beef, onion, and pepper. Season. Add broth and steak sauce. Bring to a boil and cook 7-10 minutes, until the juice is mostly absorbed.

Toast the rolls. (Don't slice the buns/rolls completely in half or you won't be able to keep your meat in the sandwich)

Melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour and whisk in milk. Increase heat, whisk continually until sauce thickens (approx. 2 min) Remove from heat and stir in cheese.

To serve, sppon meat mix on rolls, top with lots of cheese sauce.

We ate them too fast to take a picture. They were THAT GOOD. And when your meat falls off the sandwich, scoop it up with a potato chip-equally as delicious as the sandwich!

Comments