My Joy and My Sorrow

9 months ago my baby was a little baby. I look at him today and he's not so little any more. He has that big boy look to him. His hair still does that little curl at the top, but his cowlick is becoming more prominant as well. In the last month he's started crawling, standing up, and taking steps around furniture. He's given up the binkie; except to bite it or throw it. Still only two teeth in his little mouth. He's more open to new foods and loves mango at the moment.

I'm happy to see Isaac growing and exploring new things. I find so much joy in being a mother to all my kids. But today it's also painful. I'm sad that they're growing up so fast! They're becoming independent and developing their personalities. I'm sad I'm not needed and wanted like I once was. And I'm not going to get to experience any more baby milestones. (Unless God thinks otherwise and performs a miracle!) I miss those days of cuddling on the couch and nursing at all hours of the night. I guess these feelings are why Isaac is here in the first place : P

While I'm done having kids (so glad to be done forever with pregnancy!) I'm excited for my sister and brother to have kids so I can become an aunt again! And all you friends out there-get a move on it and start poppin out babies! I need someone little to hold.

Comments