What a bunch of animals!

Today we woke up with the birds to start getting ready for our day at the zoo. And then we went back to sleep. I couldn't make myself get out of bed! I hit snooze repeatedly and finally Kendall *nudged* me out to start coffee and get in the shower before the kids all woke up. I don't know the last time I didn't have to rush in the shower because someone was crying or destroying papers! Ah, nicer start to the morning than normal.

We were behind schedule because I decided sleep was more important and then kept forgetting things to throw in the van. We made it with the essentials and the boys even took little naps on the drive over.
The forecast was decent and we donned our shorts/t-shirts and were surprised by how chilly it felt upon arrival! Good thing I keep jackets in the van for everyone. We skipped the museum and went straight for the animals.







The kids had such a good time and enjoyed the whole day. Highlights were definitely riding the camel, feeding goats, seeing baby rhino and monkey, and the alligators.

We had a picnic lunch in the park and got to play off some of their energy on the slides and swings before packing up the van again and heading home. Of course we had to stop at every car dealership on the way home (silly dad) and that made Isaac a little irritated. We stopped so he could eat and the ride went much better after that. As always (because I don't last more than 30 minutes) I snoozed on the way home. I'm glad I did because it was quite a chore keeping up with the kids when we got home! I'm thrilled we can give the kids experiences like this and have fun outings as a family. I hope they appreciate all that we try to do for them.

Comments