Month of May

May has been such a busy month for our family. We've had appointments and events and lots of parties! There were 7 graduates in the family and we tried our best to make it to their parties. We, regretfully, missed a few and enjoyed the ones we made it to. To all of you, GREAT JOB! Your hard work of studying and applying yourseves paid off and you're on to the next step of your education!

To the two younger girls: high school will be so good for both of you-you'll love being with your friends and trying new classes. Remember to study and get good grades-that really is more important than boys!

To the 4 of you who graduated from high school: you're on your own. make wise choices in all areas of your lives. we pray you work hard and always remember what's most important in life.

And to my dearest sister who graduated from college: I had a nice little speech lined up about looking for a job, but you did it! You have (what sounds like) a great job and in your field! You know how rare that is around here? I hope you enjoy it and you may use us as examples as much as you like. I truly know how hard it is to raise kids like you're working with. Stay strong and use the skills God has blessed you with-I know you'll be great! (And it'll be good practice for your own kids some day-you know they can't be half as bad as what you're working with! Or can they? ...... bahahaha)



Well, summer has started for Sydney and already she's off to her first activity. 3 days of basketball camp. She's starting as I'm typing this and praying hard that she keeps it under control to learn some skills and have fun. Tonight is also her first softball game-she's getting really good and feels better about playing this year now that she's not the youngest kid on the team. She really wants to pitch and we're trying to encourage her while still trying to make sure she practices all positions and her team building skills.

Eli loves to be outside and will enjoy the extra time on the swings or playground equipment. Recently he's started counting to 10 and repeating the alphabet back to me. He loves to "patta" and "it bit" : ) and as always sing his "papa song" to everyone but his papas! silly boy

We've been going on long walks every morning and hope to continue all summer. On rainy days I don't have to skip out on my walk because Kendall bought me a treadmill!!! I've been wanting one since Isaac was born and we finally found a really cheap one that works. Even if I have to go down to the basement, I'm still so grateful that my husband spoils me with fun things like this.

Isaac has reached a new milestone as well! He's finally sitting on his own! Just like that it started. While he still loves to roll around and get into everything he's not supposed to, he's also able to sit and play with toys on the floor. And, as always, HE IS SO STINKIN ADORABLE! So I will leave you with pictures to prove it!



Comments