Rain, Tubes, and Pancakes

We woke up to wet ground today; thankfully nothing wet in the house. We've only had water in our basement once in the 2 years we've owned the place. How blessed we are! It was garbage day so I made my way down the driveway and brought the trash can up to the garage, all the while wishing the rain would stop. It was yucky all day. I said a quick prayer that we'd make it to Isaac's appointment without pouring rain as it's not fun to load and unload kids from the van in any kind of precipitation. Prayers were definitely answered!
We had to meet with the ENT today for a consultation for Isaac. He's had 5 ear infections since he was born and was hospitalized with RSV at 3 months old. My poor baby has been sick ALL WINTER and he isn't even in daycare. So he's getting tubes. We saw that he's also starting a new infection just 2 weeks after the last one. :( I'm nervous and the surgery is weeks away. I keep wondering how I'm going to get him through the night without his middle of the night feedings!
Every year we hit up the Alton Fire & Rescue Pancake Supper with my parents. I have a deep love for all breakfast foods and their pancakes are the best! Sydney was so proud, she ate 4 pancakes and one was the size of her plate! I couldn't believe she finished them all. And then Mr. Eli decided to down 5 sausage links and a pancake. The other pancake didn't survive the fall to the floor. When did my kids become such little piggies? Isaac even got his first taste of pancakes tonight-he would have eaten the whole thing if I had let him. (Which I didn't so please don't report me to CPS!)

Comments