21 Day Fix: Day 8

Life never really turns out how you plan it. Last Monday Kendall came down with a very, very bad virus. He ended up being sick the entire week. It was bad enough we visited the doctor and checked for Influenza (negative, but we're thinking that was a false negative as he had ALL the symptoms).
The rest of us ended up catching the virus and I'm currently nursing the last sick child back to health.

We're joking that Kendall is allergic to exercise as his first symptoms appeared while we were starting Day 1 of our exercises. Haha! I have yet to get him to join me for another workout.

Because we ended up getting sick I did miss one day of exercises. I've kept up with the food plan and Shakeology and feel like my down time was mostly 1 1/2 days. That's the shortest I've been down with a virus to date! Healthy choices for the win!

I want to share two of our favorite recipes:

Steak Fajitas
1 Red
1 Yellow
1 Green

Marinate 1# steak in 1 TBsp olive oil and 1 tsp seasoning of choice for at least 2 hours, covered in the fridge. (I cheated and used a low-sodium fajita flavor packet.)
Grill the steak over high heat to desired doneness- ours was medium-well
While the steaks are grilling, saute your sliced onion and peppers in 1 tsp olive oil over med-high heat.
Serve over whole wheat or corn tortilla shells with your additional veggies.

I set up make-your-own style and offered: avocado, tomato, lettuce, sharp cheddar, salsa, and hot sauce with the steak and hot veggies.




Banana Chocolate Shakeology
1 banana
1 cup almond milk *that's all I drink due to lactose intolerance
1 scoop Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
ice

Blend on high until ice chunks are gone.

This one tastes just like a chocolate milkshake. It fills my chocolate fix and cuts down on cravings. I like to drink it in the afternoon because that stretch from lunch to supper is super hard for me!


In other exciting news, Isaac lost his very first tooth! He was so surprised and is telling us over and over again how happy he is. The Tooth Fairy came, a day late, and he doesn't seem to want to really believe in this. He'd rather think the money is from Dad. :) 


Our spoiled puppy celebrated his 2nd birthday on Friday by sleeping almost all day :) We were too sick to even take him for a walk that day. I know, it's rough. I bought him a dog bed on Saturday and he would still rather sleep on our bed or the couch....... And on Sunday I bought him some homemade dog treats. So, really, his birthday was more like a birth-weekend event. 

Happy Monday! Make your week a great one!

Comments