5 Things I LOVE About My ALMOST 5 Year Old

I've been doing a lot of reflecting this week as my firstborn turns 5 on Saturday. That statement alone brings many emotions and memories. FIVE WHOLE YEARS! That's 1826 days that I've been his mama. That's hundreds of diaper changes and middle of the night feedings. That's thousands of hugs and kisses. That's millions of curious questions answered. That's more love than a number can contain.

Eli is such a blessing to us and we are so lucky God has trusted him to us on this earth.










1. I love that Eli wants to be a cowboy. He proudly wears his boots to school, church, the grocery store, and around the block. Hearing that click, click, click, of his heals as he struts around is music to my ears because I know how happy he is to have those boots.

2. I love how Eli is kind and compassionate is to other kids. That's not saying he doesn't have his moments, but Eli genuinely likes everyone and wants to include those around him. He has a way with other kids that puts them at ease and it's been wonderful to watch him interact with others.

3. I love that Eli loves school. We are counting down to Kindergarten and spending our summer practicing letters, numbers, shapes, and reading. His curious mind is always working and school is I place I think he will thrive.

4. I love how Eli follows his daddy around. If Kendall is outside, Eli won't be far behind. They mow the lawn together, work on our vehicles together, and come up with projects to stay busy. When it's too cold to be outside, they'll play video games (more often it's Eli who wins) and just sit together in daddy's chair.

5. I love Eli's prayers. Some time during the past year we asked the boys to move from a memorized prayer at meals to openly praying their thanks to God. Eli is so honest and it's been a blessing to us to have him share his heart with us in this way.

Comments