Angel Food Cake Trifle

Way back in speech class in high school, we had to give demonstrations. I don't have the slightest idea of what I "taught" the class but someone showed us how to make this delicious dessert.
(If it was you, PLEASE tell me so I can thank you for all the years I've made this!)




I need to apologize to all the OC MOPS mamas....this was supposed to make it to our luncheon and it didn't make it past the fridge door. What crazy mornings trying to get kids out the door! So, we'll have to try again next year.


This is such a fun, light dessert that can be tailored to fit many diet restrictions and tastes. If you don't have trifle bowl, any large serving bowl with do. (But you should probably add "Trifle Bowl" to your shopping list.)

Ingredients:

1 prepared angel food cake, cubed (I'm a sucker for Pillsbury's box mix...you just add water, stir, and bake!)
1 (small) box vanilla pudding, prepared
1 tub Cool Whip
1-2 # strawberries, sliced

In a trifle bowl, layer cake, berries, pudding, cool whip and repeat two more layers. Cool whip is the final layer and you can garnish any way you like. I thought the fancy-cut strawberry looked cute.


You can substitute different pudding flavors and fruits to suit your taste buds. I love adding peaches with the strawberries :)

Comments

  1. Have you ever tried this with cream cheese instead of pudding? I love cream cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't with this recipe, but I use cream cheese for a lot! So good.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment