Outcome: LOVE IT
'Tis cold and flu season and my dear Eli is down with something. All snotty and a nasty cough. He's 3 so there's nothing over the counter that I feel safe giving him. During my last WalMart run I picked up some extra baking soda and Lavendar essential oil and counted down til naptime so I could see how this whole "homemade vapor disk" thing worked.
Exceptionally well is how it worked!
You'll need:
A muffin tin
6 paper (or foil) muffin liners
2 (or more) cups baking soda
1/2 cup HOT water
1 TBsp Vick's Vapor-Rub (Or some Eucalyptus essential oil)
Lavendar essential oil
Stir the Vick's into the water until it's completely dissolved. Pour baking soda into a bowl and slowly add half the water and 5-10 drops of essential oil. Stir until it forms a paste (adding more water as needed). Plop 2 TBsp of goo into each muffin liner and level it out. Set it out for 12+ hours until dry.
To use, just put one on the shower floor and let it dissolve as you shower. (Make sure to really steam up the bathroom in the process!)
Eli thought it was pretty cool too and I can tell his chest wasn't as heavy after his vapor-shower.
That's cool Delicia! I'm glad it helped him.
ReplyDelete