Or Not.
I made Better Than Sex Cake this week. We were craving something chocolate and really, really yummy.
Ingredients:
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 jar caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup (or more) toffee bits
1 container cool whip
Bake the cake according to box directions for a 9x13 pan. Cool 15 minutes then use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. Drizzle the condensed milk and caramel topping over the cake. When it's completely cool, spread the cool whip on top and sprinkle with toffee bits. Keep refrigerated.
This is one of the very first cakes I ever learned to bake, way back in early high school years. We'd giggle at the name, heaven forbid we'd use a word like the forbidden "S" word!
Time may have changed a few things, but consensus among friends these days is that the "S" word is no longer taboo. In fact, this cake may need a new name.
Kendall and I were joking that the name was probably created by some strict CRC moms trying to forbid their daughters from ever having sex. I mean, if a cake is better than sex it can't be good, right?
If you could rename the cake, what would you name it?
I made Better Than Sex Cake this week. We were craving something chocolate and really, really yummy.
Ingredients:
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 jar caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup (or more) toffee bits
1 container cool whip
Bake the cake according to box directions for a 9x13 pan. Cool 15 minutes then use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. Drizzle the condensed milk and caramel topping over the cake. When it's completely cool, spread the cool whip on top and sprinkle with toffee bits. Keep refrigerated.
This is one of the very first cakes I ever learned to bake, way back in early high school years. We'd giggle at the name, heaven forbid we'd use a word like the forbidden "S" word!
Time may have changed a few things, but consensus among friends these days is that the "S" word is no longer taboo. In fact, this cake may need a new name.
Kendall and I were joking that the name was probably created by some strict CRC moms trying to forbid their daughters from ever having sex. I mean, if a cake is better than sex it can't be good, right?
If you could rename the cake, what would you name it?
Comments
Post a Comment