Tomorrow we celebrate you little boy. Your family will come for lunch and "tractor cake" and we'll celebrate you. Two years Buddy! You'll be 2 on the 28th of this month. I remember the days around your birth so clearly!
Friday night, June 26 we went to Mill Creek to visit Uncle Aaron and Aunt Courtney and the boys while they were camping. (That's the night Mommy broke the lawn chair when she sat on Daddy's lap, forgetting she was 60 pounds heavier than normal-yes, that's right, 60 pounds!) We stayed out late and didn't get home until midnight. Daddy and I finally made it to bed around 1 because we had to unpack our stuff and then we talked for a while. At exactly 4:00 A.M. you must have kicked pretty hard because I woke up to water gushing and thinking that I was peeing the bed! Well, it wasn't pee and I had to wake up Daddy. He was cranky until I told him you were on your way. Then, he just wanted to go back to sleep. He took his time getting ready and I loaded up all our bags and got Sydney in the van so she could stay with Grandma Paula.
I would have been honking the horn, but it was too early in the morning and I didn't want to wake up the neighborhood. We made it to the hospital and got settled into the room where you would be born. I was having contractions but they didn't hurt yet. I was so scared that I didn't want to leave the bed, but the nurse said we should walk around the halls. That's what Dad and I did, but that stopped the contractions! We tried to take naps and sit in the bathtub, but nothing worked and I was feeling miserable. At some point it was decided that you were taking too long and I was put on some medicine to speed things up. I didn't want to have you cut out of my belly so I was determined to have you myself. The medicine worked and I needed some help with the pain. I got a little nap in again and 20 hours later you were ready to come into the world. After 45 minutes of pushing you were here! All 6 pounds, 5 ounces and 20 inches of you! I was in shock because of all that was going on, but your Daddy was immediately in love with you. He got to hold you and stand by you when the nurses were checking you out.
When they laid you on my belly the first thing you did is pee all over me! We all laughed, then I got to hold you and kiss you. When I got over the emotion of what just happened I got to love on you even more! You were a very beautiful baby. I couldn't get enough of you! You didn't have a lot of hair and your ears folded over all the time. You sneezed A LOT. Baby, you were just amazing! (and you still are)
All of your family came to visit us in the hospital and they loved you too. They even brought you presents! Lots of blankets and cute clothes. You are loved by so many people; and you still are.
Buddy, it's been 2 years since then and we're more in love with you than before. You bring lots of smiles to our faces because you're such a goofy boy. You love to show off and have a naughty streak that you show too often. You love to learn and you are a great brother!
We've been so blessed to have you in our lives. Love you Eli James!
Friday night, June 26 we went to Mill Creek to visit Uncle Aaron and Aunt Courtney and the boys while they were camping. (That's the night Mommy broke the lawn chair when she sat on Daddy's lap, forgetting she was 60 pounds heavier than normal-yes, that's right, 60 pounds!) We stayed out late and didn't get home until midnight. Daddy and I finally made it to bed around 1 because we had to unpack our stuff and then we talked for a while. At exactly 4:00 A.M. you must have kicked pretty hard because I woke up to water gushing and thinking that I was peeing the bed! Well, it wasn't pee and I had to wake up Daddy. He was cranky until I told him you were on your way. Then, he just wanted to go back to sleep. He took his time getting ready and I loaded up all our bags and got Sydney in the van so she could stay with Grandma Paula.
I would have been honking the horn, but it was too early in the morning and I didn't want to wake up the neighborhood. We made it to the hospital and got settled into the room where you would be born. I was having contractions but they didn't hurt yet. I was so scared that I didn't want to leave the bed, but the nurse said we should walk around the halls. That's what Dad and I did, but that stopped the contractions! We tried to take naps and sit in the bathtub, but nothing worked and I was feeling miserable. At some point it was decided that you were taking too long and I was put on some medicine to speed things up. I didn't want to have you cut out of my belly so I was determined to have you myself. The medicine worked and I needed some help with the pain. I got a little nap in again and 20 hours later you were ready to come into the world. After 45 minutes of pushing you were here! All 6 pounds, 5 ounces and 20 inches of you! I was in shock because of all that was going on, but your Daddy was immediately in love with you. He got to hold you and stand by you when the nurses were checking you out.
When they laid you on my belly the first thing you did is pee all over me! We all laughed, then I got to hold you and kiss you. When I got over the emotion of what just happened I got to love on you even more! You were a very beautiful baby. I couldn't get enough of you! You didn't have a lot of hair and your ears folded over all the time. You sneezed A LOT. Baby, you were just amazing! (and you still are)
All of your family came to visit us in the hospital and they loved you too. They even brought you presents! Lots of blankets and cute clothes. You are loved by so many people; and you still are.
Buddy, it's been 2 years since then and we're more in love with you than before. You bring lots of smiles to our faces because you're such a goofy boy. You love to show off and have a naughty streak that you show too often. You love to learn and you are a great brother!
We've been so blessed to have you in our lives. Love you Eli James!
Comments
Post a Comment